The motto of NSS is “NOT ME BUT YOU” which reflects the essence of
democratic living and upholds the needs for selfless service .
- The College has four units of NSS since 1977 about 400 students are involved in the NSS activities under the guidance of four trained programme officers.
- The National Service Scheme popularly known as NSS was launched in Mahatma Gandhiji’s centenary year 1969.
- The main aim of NSS is to develop student’s personality through community service and to inculcate the sense of nation building.
- Principal – Chairperson
- Some staff members with social service back ground.
- NSS student leaders.
- One representative of adopted village /slum/welfare agency.
- NSS Programme Officer –Member secretary.
- To develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- To develop leadership qualities and to practice national integration.
- To identify the needs and problems of the community and try to solve them.
- To enable the students to understand the community in which they live and work.
- To prepare the NSS Programme for the year.
- To evaluate the work of the college unit.
- To enlist the student participation.
- To receive reports of various project sub-committees of NSS.
- The main intention of NSS programme is to change the attitude of volunteers through various activities within the college and society. The NSS programmes are:
- Regular activities
- Special Camping programmes
- Other programmes